- Start each day with gratitude. Remind yourself that once upon a time, you were but a hope and a prayer away from being in the position that you have manifested as your current reality. You prayed, manifested, and did the work to get yourself as far as you've managed to come. Enjoy the present moment without looking too far ahead at what's next. You'll miss the gift of being in the here and now while looking for the gift that lies dormant in the distant future. Gift thanks for gifts big and small, both known and unknown. Gratitude brings forth surplus!
STOP EDITING YOUR LIFE
- In the day and age of technology and social media both being tools used to influence us all one way or another, we must retain some essence of ourselves that speaks to who we are as individuals beyond what meets the eye. We care too much about what others think about us, how they view us, and what they'll have to say about how we look, talk, walk, eat, dress, and breathe to the point that we subconsciously begin to reprogram ourselves to be more acceptable by people who don't even matter in the first place. Just sayin! There's nothing wrong with living an organic unedited lifestyle. Be human again, be you. No one else does it better.
YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL
- "You can plan a pretty picnic but you can't predict the weather Ms. Jackson" - Andre' 3000. I mean, there isn't much more to say on the matter. Life be life'n and at some point, we must realize that we are only fighting against the tides in trying to control things at all times. Ebbs and flows; rolling with the punches will find you more at ease on your path as opposed to putting up a struggle over things that are beyond your control either way.
DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU
- "We are NOT the same" is not always an insult because..no duh! Life is not a one size fits all experience so what works for you won't work for others and what works for others won't always work for you. Learn yourself to know yourself. For more information, please revisit our 2nd point.
YOU ARE WORTHY
- Energy is currency, and your internal bank balance is a reflection of your external bank balance. Before giving your energy to a particular person or situation, I would advise that you pause for a moment and take into consideration whether or not you would swipe your bank or credit card in real life to financially give to this person or thing. If the answer is no, then you should not give energy to the situation. You are worthy of reciprocation of energy being poured into you in the same manner in which you pour, you also reserve the right to preserve your energy as necessary.
MAKE TIME FOR SELF-CARE
- Self-care is always an essential part of growth and just an overall necessity. Unfortunately, social media and pop culture has sold a one size fits all idea of what self-care looks like, and that picture typically consists of floral-filled baths, booked massages & mani/pedis and while these activities can be considered self-care, they do not cover the full scope of what self-care looks like for everyone. For some it may look like getting out of bed, having a meal, tending to personal hygiene, or even spending time being social. Whatever that looks like for you, be sure to prioritize time for self-care!
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ARGUE
- You don't have to argue with ANYONE about ANYTHING...EVER!!! You can walk away, hang up, block, mute, unfollow, unfriend, whatever it takes to preserve your energy. Everyone isn't deserving of an explanation. The end.
STEP OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE
- "The comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing ever grows there." This has been one of my favorite quotes over time, as it has helped to ignite something within me at times when I needed to take action. You never know how you can bless yourself or bless others by simply stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new, or doing things differently. It is easier said than done, and all things done in small steps but you should embrace change and welcome it!
IT'S OKAY TO BE VULNERABLE SOMETIMES
- At some point and time, we're going to have to make ourselves comfortable with being uncomfortable. You never know who needs to hear your story to be their motivation, inspiration, or the push they need to keep going. Be honest, stop suppressing your emotions.
KNOW YOUR WORTH
- You are enough and whole as you are. You do not have to do anything to attract the right people or situations. Your vibe attracts your tribe, so keep your energy on point.
START OVER ANYTIME
- There is nothing wrong with starting over as many times as you need to. The point is to NOT give up!
RELEASE THE PAST
- Let go of the past as best as you can. I say "as best you can" because, since the beginning of time, the past has been relevant to the present and future; So no one is saying to forget about the past, just learn from it without allowing it to take control of you.
Check out this episode on our podcast HAIR YA'LL GO!
And be sure to like and follow us to stay up to date with our latest topics